Monday, January 28, 2013

Farm Website Continued

Progress.
I've been working all week trying to get the main layout positioned correctly. I still have some glitches to work out, but the main part is pretty much done. I'm still working on compiling all of the information. I took a couple pictures this weekend to add to the Photo Gallery page.






Research.
Holstein Cattle - Yes, I know it's Wikipedia, but it does give very accurate information about the breed the Smoker's carry.
Cattle Colors in Pastoral Herds - I've always wondered how cattle of the same breed are always different colors. This gives a researched opinion of how color is "chosen."
The Cattle Site - Gives a list of all the different breeds of cows out there, and explanation of each one, and recent news for each breed.
Lingo - Some cattle lingo.

Reflection.
This week, I decided to focus my research on the different types of cattle out there. Who knew that there were so many kinds of cows and the different lingo that is used! I knew some of this information already from being around the farm, but I never knew there was that much information out there. I now understand more about exactly what kind of cattle the Smoker's raise, as well as some new phrases and terms I can use; not just when I'm on the farm, but as well as the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment