Monday, February 4, 2013

Farm Website Continued...Once Again.

Progress.
I did not achieve as much as I was hoping to this past week. I had some trouble getting the home page to line up correctly and have the rollover effect work correctly. There still needs to be some tweaks to that. I also got my graphics made for the Virtual Tour page. I just need to figure out how to have the images pop up as you roll over a certain part of the map.



Research.
Market Timing Contributing to Cattle Cycle
Effects of Breeding Stock Productivity
Weekly Live Cattle Prices

Reflection.
This week I focused on looking at the economics behind raising cattle. I have to admit, some parts of these articles were very difficult to understand, but I think I have the basic understanding of how it works. Cattle prices depend on a lot of things and it changes sporadically. Once must be pretty up to date on the economics of raising beef cattle in order to be successful.

Artist Statement for this Project.

Farmers are very proud of what they do. They would like others to see how they are successful and giving their part to the country. Putting this pride into website form is a medium that would get their message across. The major purpose of this website is to get the viewers to gain respect for not just the Smoker farmers, but for farmers in general. Being a multi-generational family business, there is equipment and buildings that have been worn down by each generation. Pairing the worn look with the multi-generational business will help pull in the viewers. That is my reasoning for the rust and worn look to the website. This pairing will help pull in the viewers to want to learn more. This website is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. It is functional because it provides the viewer with information about a particular farm. It is also aesthetically pleasing to the eye with the careful choice of color, alignment, and quality of images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment