Monday, March 4, 2013

Posters...about finished.

Posters.
I still haven't nailed down which ones I want to present in my show. I think I'm going to plan on doing 4 posters, but I still don't know which 4 I want to do.

Here are the options.
 

 

 

My though is to do the Life of Jesus Christ..So out of these six, it would be 1) His Birth 2) The Temptation 3) Crucifixion 4) The Ascension 

--Stories I could add:
 1. Water to Wine - John 2
 2. Feed the 5000 - Matt. 14:13-23; Mark 6:31-46; Luke 9:7-17; John 6:1-15
 3. The Blind Man -- John 9
 4. Palm Sunday - Matt. 21:1-11; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:29-40; John 12:12-19

There are just so many to choose from, it's pretty difficult to choose what I want to do.

Burned effect.
-- Not quite sure if I want to display these in my BFA show with a burned edge or keep the edges clean
-- I'm leaning more towards keeping the edges clean

Artist Statement for this Project.

Christianity is a large part of who I am. I have grown up in a Christian home, learning the different stories of the Bible. There are so many people now who don’t know these stories. These are stories that can shape a person’s life for the better. Displaying these stories in poster form is a medium that would be able to explain these stories in a way where the viewer doesn’t have to read a whole chapter within the Bible. I’m playing off of the minimalist poster idea. Minimalism gets the point across with as little text and imagery as possible; which is what I’m doing here with this series of posters.  Having the image of the subject of the specific story will entice the viewer to go out on his or her own to read more into the Bible story. The wood background shows age, which coincides with the age of the Bible and the stories it contains. The burned edges effect also conveys this idea of aging as well as an idea of roughness. The Bible indicates rough times throughout the book, which I wanted to incorporate within the posters.


What's Coming Next.
Here is my plan on my upcoming projects. I'm hoping to get a lot done during spring break. So here's the lofty "to do" list for break.
  -- Finish Smoker Farms website and get it live
  -- Get layout started for programs
  -- Get 12 portraits taken for coins

No comments:

Post a Comment