Monday, February 25, 2013

Posters Design Continued...Again

Progress.
This week I really wanted to nail down what I wanted to put on my posters and start with the imagery that would describe these stories. I'm still a little wary on what stories I want to do. That has been my problem the past couple weeks. I think 6 would be a good number. But choosing those 6 stories are a struggle. Here's what I am thinking of so far -- It will probably change once or twice.
1. Creation
2. 10 Commandments
3. Birth of Jesus Christ
4. Choosing of the 12 Disciples
5. Crucifixion
6. Ascension

*Stories that I really like -- May switch out above stories to these.
- David & Goliath
- Daniel & the Lions Den
- Victory over Jericho
- The Flood (Noah's Ark)
- The Fall (Adam & Eve)
- Jesus's Temptation

These are going in my BFA show. So I'm contemplating just printing out 4 (Maybe the 4 main points of the life of Jesus) then making more to put into a book (20 total?)

As for the look of the posters, I'm still not quite positive on the "look." Either the "beat up" look or the wood grain.

Research.
My research this week was reading the 6 main stories that I had listed and coming up with an image for each one. I've looked online, and there really isn't any posters like what I am making. Here are some sketches of what the posters will look like.



Creation - The world
10 Commandments - 2 tablets that the commandments were written on
Birth of Jesus Christ - Star that led the shepherds and 3 wise men to Bethlehem
Choosing of the 12 disciples - crowd with 12 bodies shaded in
Crucifixion - Crown of barbed wire OR 3 nails
Ascension - Hands raised to bless the disciples OR tomb with door rolled to side


More Progress.
I have decided to go with the wood grain posters. When displaying them for my BFA show, I want to burn the edges and stick them all in one frame.


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment