Monday, February 11, 2013

Finishing up Website/Beginning Poster Project

Progress.
I have basically all of the design elements finished for the farm website. All I need to do is replace the loren ipsem and figure out how to do the rollover pop-ups on the virtual tour map. Then it should be fairly finished. 

Since I don't have the coding figured out yet for the virtual tour and progress can't really be shown, I decided to start brainstorming for my next project. 
My next project, I wanted to do a poster series. As I said in my critique, I want to create things that are informational, educational, have a purpose, etc. I really enjoy minimalist posters. I like how the artist takes an image that describes the movie and simplifies. The addition of a small amount of text balances out the image. Here are a few that I really enjoy. In some, it has a "grungy" look and others are more clean. I want to create something more on the "grungy" side because 1) I like that look and 2) it would fit into the overall look of my BFA show that I'm going for. 
Subject -- I want to incorporate something that is important to me as the subject of my posters. My religion has been important to me for the majority of my life. For the text on the posters, I wanted to choose a book from the Bible, probably a specific chapter. For the image, I wanted to do something simple, like the images below, that describes the chapter of the Bible.


Research.



Probable Ideas.
- Days of Creation (Genesis 1, 2:1-2)
- David & Goliath (1 Samuel 17)
- Peter Walking on Water (Matthew 14)
- Noah's Ark and the Flood (Genesis 6:1-9:17)
- Daniel and the Lion's Den (Daniel 6)
- Jesus's Second Coming (Revelations)
- Jesus's Crucifixion (John 19)
- Changing Water to Wine (John 2)
- Jesus Feeds 5000 (Matthew 14)
- Birth of Jesus (Luke 2)
- Adam & Eve (Genesis 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment